1 lb. medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
Ginger Dressing (see make-ahead recipe below)
1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and diced
2 mangoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1 papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
1 head butter lettuce, core removed, washed and chopped
1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 cloves garlic
3 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
2 lemons, zested and juiced
3 Tbsp. canola oil
1. Prepare ginger dressing and mix half with shrimp in a medium bowl, cover it and chill it for 20 minutes.
2. With pre-soaked wooden skewer, thread the shrimp
3. Preheat the grill or grill pan on high heat.
4. Put the shrimp and grill for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and with a pair of tongs or a fork, carefully slide the shrimp off the skewers and put in a bowl.
5. Keep the heat in by covering the bowl with foil.
6. Toss the fruits in a medium bowl, avocado, mango and papaya.
7. Distribute the lettuce equally on the salad plates and top it with even amounts of pineapple mixture, avocado slices and shrimp. Use the extra dressing for drizzling.…
Throw in the garlic, ginger, lemon zest and juice, cilantro and oil in a food processor until it forms a smooth paste. … …
Nutrition per serving:
calories 440, total fat 19 g, saturated fat 2 g, cholesterol 220 mg, sodium 270 mg, total sugars 29 g, protein 27 g.