1 Cup vegetable stock (boiling)
3 Cups couscous
5 cups chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
1-2 Tbsp. vegetable oil or olive oil
300g courgettes (slanted slices)
300g small vine-ripened tomatoes (halved)
250g pack halloumi cheese (thickly sliced and halved lengthwise)
125ml olive oil
3 Tbsp. lime juice
2 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint
1/2 Tsp. sugar… …
1. In a large bowl, mix couscous and boiling stock. Cover with a plate for 4 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, mint and sugar. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in chickpeas, then add half of the dressing, then mix well.
3. In a large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Fry the courgette slices for 2-3 minutes or until dark golden brown. Place courgettes on kitchen paper.
4. Fry tomatoes cut-side down for 2 minutes or until tinged brown on one side. Top the couscous with courgettes and then tomatoes.
5. Add oil on the frying pan then fry the halloumi strips for 2-3 minutes or until both sides are crisp and sizzled brown.
6. Add the halloumi on top of the tomatoes, then drizzle the remaining dressing. Serve.… …
Nutrition per serving:
721 Kcalories, protein 23g, carbohydrate 47g, fat 50g, saturated fat 14g, fibre 4g, sugar 1g, salt 2.86 g.