2 lbs bacon
1 large head fresh broccoli, chopped
3/4 cup celery (chopped)
1/4 cup green onions (minced)
1/4 cup red onion (diced)
1 1/2 cups seedless grapes (halved)
3/4 cup almonds (blanched and slivered)
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp distilled white vinegar
1 cup mayonnaise… …
1. Brown the bacon on a large skillet.
2. Cook it over medium heat and turn it frequently to brown evenly. Cool the bacon and crumble it.
3. Preheat oven at 300 degrees Fahrenheit. On a cookie sheet, spread almonds and bake until light brown, approximately 12-14 minutes.
4. Turn at least once as it toasts then cool.
5. Prepare 2 bowls, one small and one large. In the smaller bowl incorporate the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. In the larger bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients, including the crumbled bacon.
6. Toss it together with the mayonnaise mix and refrigerate. It should be refrigerated for at least several hours before serving.… …
Nutrition per serving:
calories 383, total fat 31.3g, cholesterol 38mg.