2 Cups beetroot
2 Tbsp. roasted and powdered peanuts
1/4 Tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh grated coconut
1/4 Tsp. sugar
1 Tsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp coriander leaves
1 Tsp. oil
1/4 Tsp. mustard seeds
1/4 Tsp. cumin seeds
1 or 2 green or red chili (halved)
4-5 curry leaves… …
1. Wash beets and slice off stems. In a sauce pan boil beets for about 10 – 12 minutes.
2. Chop beets into small piece or long sticks.
3. In a large pan heat oil then add mustard and cumin seeds.
4. Add chili peppers when they start crackling.
5. Add asafetida and curry leaves.
6. Add remaining ingredients then mix well. Take off fire then serve.… …
Nutrition per serving:
180 calories, 14g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 6g protein, 9g total carbohydrate, 3g dietary fiber, 4g sugar, 5mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium.